Sunday, May 5, 2013

A Wonderful Day!



So...not the best photo, but we drove up the canyon today to say "so long" for a little while (Yellowstone is a pretty good trade). It was such a pleasant afternoon. We did not hike. We drove up to where the road is closed and snapped a couple of photos. The air was nourishing and the sun delicious and it was all very soothing! We stopped at the picnic area across the road from the Visitor Center and sat on a bench with the place all to ourselves. Oh, the memories!

Church this morning was fantastic for many reasons. K shared his testimony and of course that brought about millions of love bursts in my heart. The Elders Quorum president messaged me on Facebook after church and said, "I love it when your husband chooses to speak. I learn something every time." Right, my husband isn't as chatty as I am, but he's wonderful and solid and kind and that's right, folks, he's mine.

After our little drive, I proceeded to cook. I made "Sunday Pork and Potatoes" which we first ate together nine years ago this month. K had invited me to dinner on Mother's Day in his little apartment in Provo and not only did he serve this fabulous dish (he got the recipe off KSL's noon time news), but he cooked a frozen vegetable as well! And he made a cake! Since we'll be waking up in Wyoming next Sunday on Mother's Day, I decided I had better cook this particular recipe today. I also made No Bake Cookies for him. He is AMAZED that I can make them so perfectly, which just cracks me up because everyone in the world can make No Bakes, but he is convinced that there's something special about the way that I do it. Which is just fine with me. Go on thinking I'm incredible, Honey!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an awesome weekend, and an awesome guy. You two are wonderful, and I love reading about your wilderness adventures and your domestic ones in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete