Sunday, May 27, 2012

Porker Fledglings

I'm sorry there's been such a hiatus, but the babies got big and left. The above picture shows just how well they were growing out of the nest. And with all that food, comes all the mess!
Yes, they were huge and looking oh so grown up! However, room service couldn't last forever, could it?
Mama Bird finally got to the point where she said, "I'm getting a little tired of bringing food to you. Wouldn't you like to venture out? Look! You could come just a little way out onto this branch. See how I'm right here, but not in the nest? See?"
"Look, now I'm down HERE on the sidewalk! Wouldn't you like to investigate? Come toward me!" She really was chirping at them and calling to them, encouraging the first one to flutter down.
"The grass is FINE! I promise!"
Still coaxing, calling to the babies to make their move. I didn't have to time to see how all the drama played out.
Someone forgot to pay the rent. The nest has been condemned and the babies are all enrolled in flight school complete with survival courses. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment