Saturday, January 11, 2014

Shoeing with Em



Yesterday after school we had the privilege of snowshoeing with Emily! We had gone together once before and because of a certain little faculty assignment involving a torch, we ended up going to the same exact place to capture daylight. I must show her a few other trails around here for winter fun. K was our videographer and when we finished our little "project" we snowshoed up Battle Creek to the top of the waterfall.

The waterfall is cool this time of year because of the frozen ice sculptures. Due to the rapidly waning light, we only got a couple of pics. Yeah, that's my blurry sunset snapped on the hike back down. It was dark when we returned (my headlamp had been left on my night stand due to the power pole fire in our neighborhood the night before! Otherwise, it lives in my backpack). Such mild temperatures. It was a great outing and we LOVED spending time with Em!

No comments:

Post a Comment