Sunday, September 22, 2013

"I can't think about Jesus right now."



What a nice weekend!

I just got back from a "ranger rendezvous" with my Darling in Idaho Falls. It was so great to spend time together. He is staring at his last week in YELL.

Church was pretty comical thanks to the prettiest little three year old blonde terror sitting on the bench in front of us. My! In K's words, "They have their hands full with her!" She was funny as well. The sacrament bread was being passed and she took some. A couple of moments later she said in her well-projected voice, "Mom? I can't think about Jesus right now. I need more bread!" When the water was being passed, she grabbed a little cup of it (comes in tiny little disposable cups, so you can drink it and then deposit your cup in the tray) and decided out loud that she would be keeping her cup. Her parents handed the water tray back to the person passing it and then she changed her mind and declared, "I think I want to put my cup back." So the guy holding the tray had already moved on, but he heard her (we all heard her) and came back in order to oblige. She dropped her cup in and then said to her father, "That was really nice of him to come back for my water cup!"

Yes, it was really nice and I hope your parents have the patience and fortitude to help you to learn to become really nice as well. Her dad folded the church bulletin into a paper airplane to entertain her, but she got pretty rambunctious with that and wouldn't stop flying it in an ever-so-distracting manner when he asked her to, so he abruptly grabbed the thing back and crunched it into a wad of paper. Of course, she found this to be upsetting and began screaming, "Stop it! Stop it!" She grabbed the spherical wad from him and threw it. It ricocheted off my chest and toward someone else sitting to my left. That's when Daddy picked her up and carried her screaming, "Stop it! Stop it!" out of the chapel. Mom was conducting the choir during all of this.

Hats off to parents everywhere!!!

On the way to Idaho Falls, I stopped off at the Brigham City Temple to do some ordinance work. Beautiful! So happy to spend time in The House of the Lord. It helped me to think MORE about Jesus. And a few other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment