Monday, March 29, 2010

Art Project

Last Friday, I mentioned to the class that we would be doing a fun Easter art project this week. We began the project today. I explained all of the supplies and materials as well as the procedures. When I thought I had covered everything, I asked if anyone had any questions.

E, with utmost solemnity and confidence raised her hand to ask, "Is is alright if I wear my pink, fuzzy bunny ears while we work on this?" I managed to keep a perfectly straight face, looked her in the eye and said, "Yes." But I couldn't just leave it at that. I asked E, "How is it that you happen to have some pink, fuzzy bunny ears with you today?" Again with matter-of-fact confidence in front of the whole class, she replied, "Well, I was packing up my backpack this morning and remembered what you said about the project, so I brought them along!"

I can only hope to be more like her one day.

1 comment:

  1. She really knows how to live. Makes me want to go out and buy a pair.

    ReplyDelete