Sunday, June 10, 2018

Just Workin' on the Blinds

I just returned from a trip to Montana. By myself. 1300 miles. I called my husband each evening and texted him occasionally throughout the day. Yesterday morning, at my departure, I forgot to text him that I was leaving. When I stopped by my sister's place, I called him to let him know where I was and asked how his Saturday morning was going. He said, "Fine. I'm just workin' on the blinds." This is what went through my mind: Often, he'll open the sliding glass door but leave the long vertical blinds in place rather than pulling them to the side. When a big wind comes up, the blinds get blown around, sometimes wildly, and I'm always afraid they are going to break off because that's what happened in one of our previous homes. So I'm always conscious about that and figured something had happened and now he was attempting a repair. So I asked, "Why are you working on the blinds?" And this was his response:

"Oh, you know, they are really dirty! I'm just cleaning them with the feather dusters and wiping them down. And there's a lot of sand and grit down in the runners where the window slides, so I'm vacuuming that out and wiping the rest of the dirt out with wet paper towels. The ones in the guest room are the worst!"

Blinds were never on my radar. We have not mentioned this or discussed this. Out of all the things he could be doing by himself on a Saturday morning, he decided to do this! Where did this man even come from? I don't know, but I found him in a cave and I'm never giving him back!

2 comments: