Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Lovely, Oh But You're Lovely

Sappy post coming up! Today is our engagement anniversary. I am so in love with my husband! This transition of moving away from him has been perhaps the most difficult of all the transitions and I'm not sure why. What's more, we haven't been able to talk today due to his current location. He'll be back at OF tomorrow (Old Faithful) and then we can talk. But we talked last night. He was not at OF but he was in a good place for cell reception, so we were chatting and then he said, "Should we try face timing?" So we did and it worked! It doesn't work from the park. So we established face time and he got a gushy look on his face and declared, "You look lovely!" Because, you know, we hadn't seen each other since Thursday.

In honor of the anniversary of the day he proposed, I listened to a CD he made for me several years ago for our wedding anniversary. It only has two songs: Grow Old Along With Me (performed at our ring ceremony which took place after our temple sealing) and The Way You Look Tonight (performed by our live jazz band at our reception). But he alternated the two songs for a total of eight songs--four different covers of each. Therefore, the lyrics have been in my mind all day.
God bless our love. Grow old along with me. Whatever fate decrees, we will see it through!
Oh, but you're lovely. Lovely.

I am the luckiest!

No comments:

Post a Comment