Monday, March 13, 2017

March-ing on Snowshoes!



Saturday 4 March 2017 was such a lovely experience. I submitted a guest blog to The Nerdy Book Club regarding my own version of Jolabokaflod and they published it that day. Then we went snowshoeing near Big Springs up South Fork and had a hit-the-spot lunch of soup and salad (for me) and soup and sandwich (for the mister) at Zupas, thanks to a gift card I received at Christmas. And then we began our fast.

The weather was warm. The car said 51 degrees when we headed up the trail (not the usual trail that most people take up Big Springs) and 58 degrees when we got back. I snowshoed wearing just one layer of pants and one shirt and no gloves or mittens. It was a beautiful, sunny day! The Vitamin D was healing.

We saw evidence of wildlife (tracks) but that black bug was the only actual wildlife we saw. See? It was warm enough for BUGS!

The snow was plentiful and soft. I ended up breaking a lot of trail up on the flat, but on the other hand, the snow was not new, therefore the "donuts" that had rolled off down the steep bank were day old (or older) and not so fresh from that particular "bakery." Still, I love the motion they represent and I loved the motion of the breeze (crazy hair in photo of me). And I loved being IN motion. It was a fine mix of motion and emotion.

That glorious mountain is called Timpanogos. I've been to the top of it, but not on snowshoes. She is breathtaking, especially when dressed for winter. So many blessings have come to me living in her shadow.

And that guy? That guy is my husband. I am thrilled to be married to that man. He is so good to me and really fun to hang out with! We love to play outside and we had that whole place all to ourselves on a Saturday.

And that woman? That's me. I continue to age. I can't control my hair like I used to, even without a breeze. I wear glasses now. I should buy some new clothes. But I wasn't worried about anything like that on March 4th. I was walking in snow. And sun. With my eternal companion. Who could ask for anything more?

1 comment: