Monday, June 22, 2015

CL Day 11



Thursday 18 June 2015

Met my college freshman roommate, Stephanie, at Mammoth Hot Springs for a hike! We hadn't seen each other in decades! She was passing through from Indiana and all I could think about was that she had been on our university's cross country ski team. I've never decided to ski eight miles up a glacier, so I warned her heavily about my slow hiking pace. When we took off from the trail head I said, "You talk, I'll breathe." She has an amazing story and I'm so impressed with the way she's handled all the curve balls. She is a strong woman and I'm so glad we got to catch up! I really appreciate her reaching out to me and suggesting the hike!

On the way over I saw a bear! :)

I also snapped a couple of pics of visitors getting waaaaay too close to wild animals. Love the elk sitting under the shade tree wearing his crown in such a royal fashion. I'm a tad disgusted with all the teenagers (elk) dominating the village of Mammoth. True to form and just like human teens, they are great at napping!

There was also a bear jam on my way back to Lake so as I drove by, I photographed Kass (or is it Cass...must look at his name tag) who is the Wildlife Ranger handling a lot of that stuff.

And then my sister came to visit and we stopped down at the lake shore prior to Kaitlyn's evening program about Adventurers in the Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment